The Physiotherapy MSK (Musculoskeletal) service in the East Riding of Yorkshire provides an outpatient-based physiotherapy service for adults and children aged 5 years and above who are registered with an East Riding GP and have problems affecting:
- Following surgery, such as a knee replacement or shoulder operation
- Following a fracture
- Arthritic joints for example osteoarthritis of the knee
- Back or neck pain
- Soft tissue conditions such as ankle sprain, tendinitis and ‘frozen shoulder’
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists are Health Professionals with specialist training in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. They will be able to help you manage your problem instead of seeing the Doctor.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is about us helping you to become more mobile, active and productive in your daily life by helping you restore movement and function. Our goal is for you to manage your problem by regaining and maintaining an independent lifestyle as far as possible when you are affected by an accident, illness, injury or disability.
To access the service you must be:
- Registered with an East Riding GP
- Have a problem with the Musculoskeletal system
- Age 5 and over
- Able to attend as an outpatient
The Service does not see patients whose primary problem is
- Neurological such as after a stroke or multiple-sclerosis (MS)
- Respiratory (breathing) problems
- Rehabilitation based problems such as falls and amputees.
- Bladder problems such as incontinence or vaginal prolapse
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Requiring a home visit
- Requiring a walking aid or equipment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bell's Palsy
Tell us about your problem
Everyone was so friendly and helpful. Wonderful experience.
Yohann & Diane are brilliant. Yohann was the only one who realised I had, had a mini stroke, if it hadn't been for him I don't know where I would be today. Diane was brilliant today, she really helped me and calmed me down.
Shafeeq Younus was very knowledgeable and courteous. Made me feel so much better mentally. Nothing could be improved.
I found the service excellent. It has made my life so much better and the exercises I have been given have eased so much of the pain in my neck. Couldn't recommend the service highly enough.