The Physiotherapy MSK (Musculoskeletal) service in the East Riding of Yorkshire provides an outpatient-based physiotherapy service for adults and children aged 5 years and above who are registered with an East Riding GP (excluding Pocklinton) and have problems affecting:
- Following surgery, such as a knee replacement or shoulder operation
- Following a fracture
- Arthritic joints for example osteoarthritis of the knee
- Back or neck pain
- Soft tissue conditions such as ankle sprain, tendinitis and ‘frozen shoulder’
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists are Health Professionals with specialist training in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. They will be able to help you manage your problem instead of seeing the Doctor.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is about us helping you to become more mobile, active and productive in your daily life by helping you restore movement and function. Our goal is for you to manage your problem by regaining and maintaining an independent lifestyle as far as possible when you are affected by an accident, illness, injury or disability.
To access the service you must be:
- Registered with an East Riding GP (excluding Pocklington)
- Have a problem with the Musculoskeletal system
- Age 5 and over
- Able to attend as an outpatient
The Service does not see patients whose primary problem is
- Neurological such as after a stroke or multiple-sclerosis (MS)
- Respiratory (breathing) problems
- Rehabilitation based problems such as falls and amputees.
- Bladder problems such as incontinence or vaginal prolapse
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Requiring a home visit
- Requiring a walking aid or equipment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bell's Palsy
Lucy was professional friendly and informative.
The physiotherapists who spoke to me were really good. the exercises links were easy to follow and useful. It was easy to get an appointment that suited me. My symptoms got better. Many thanks to Hazel, Elizabeth and team.
Gary Bradley- Thanks to Gary, I am now walking and doing everything I was doing before the injury. Thanking him again.
Smita was very thorough and her explanations about what she found were very helpful. I felt well looked after and hope to see improvement with the exercises she has given me.