The Physiotherapy MSK (Musculoskeletal) service in the East Riding of Yorkshire provides an outpatient-based physiotherapy service for adults and children aged 5 years and above who are registered with an East Riding GP (excluding Pocklinton) and have problems affecting:
- Following surgery, such as a knee replacement or shoulder operation
- Following a fracture
- Arthritic joints for example osteoarthritis of the knee
- Back or neck pain
- Soft tissue conditions such as ankle sprain, tendinitis and ‘frozen shoulder’
Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists are Health Professionals with specialist training in the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions. They will be able to help you manage your problem instead of seeing the Doctor.
Musculoskeletal physiotherapy is about us helping you to become more mobile, active and productive in your daily life by helping you restore movement and function. Our goal is for you to manage your problem by regaining and maintaining an independent lifestyle as far as possible when you are affected by an accident, illness, injury or disability.
To access the service you must be:
- Registered with an East Riding GP (excluding Pocklington)
- Have a problem with the Musculoskeletal system
- Age 5 and over
- Able to attend as an outpatient
The Service does not see patients whose primary problem is
- Neurological such as after a stroke or multiple-sclerosis (MS)
- Respiratory (breathing) problems
- Rehabilitation based problems such as falls and amputees.
- Bladder problems such as incontinence or vaginal prolapse
- Dizziness or vertigo
- Requiring a home visit
- Requiring a walking aid or equipment
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Bell's Palsy
Tell us about your problem
Very helpful. Exercises really seemed to work for me.
I found the service excellent. It has made my life so much better and the exercises I have been given have eased so much of the pain in my neck. Couldn't recommend the service highly enough.
Within days of attending I was doing exercises, more movement and less pain and everything was explained to me in great detail.
Excellent, supportive and professional approach. Could not achieve these results on my own! Thank you.