It can take around 8-24 weeks for your shoulder to feel better.
There can be many different reasons why you have shoulder pain. You can usually do things to ease shoulder pain yourself. If your shoulder pain is a new problem, try following the advice below.
Symptoms to check
Click the plus sign to see a list of problems that could be a sign you may need to be checked urgently
Get advice from 111 now if:
- the pain is sudden or very bad
- you cannot move your arm
- your arm or shoulder has changed shape or is badly swollen
- you have pins and needles that do not go away
- your arm or shoulder is hot or cold to touch
- the pain is severe and started after an injury or accident, like a fall
- hurts when you exercise but goes away when your rest
- you are experiencing chest pain/tightness with your shoulder pain
111 will tell you what to do. They can tell you the right place to get help if you need to see someone.